Virtuell omvisning
Filmer
Panorama
Hjem
Norsk English Deutsch

History
In 1865 consul and banker Thomas Heftye bought the land around today’s Frognerseter. At this time the place was a ”Seter” (high summer pasture) under Frogner farm, hence the name. Thomas Heftye was one of the founding fathers of Den Norske Turistforening (the Norwegian Tourist Association), and was its chairman until he died in 1888.

The building we today call only The Heftye House was erected by him in 1867 (situated directly in front of Frognerseteren). Hikers and travellers were given free admission to the house and served refreshments there. An outdoor museum was opened in 1884, by re-erecting older buildings from other parts of Norway.

The borough of Kristiania (Oslo city council) bought the place from Heftye´s widow in 1889, and immediately started constructing parts of what we today call Frognerseteren. The oldest part of the building was completed in 1891. Architect Holm Munthe made the drawings in the Dragon style of the époque. Frognerseteren has ever since been a café and restaurant without sleeping accommodation. Frognerseteren has always had a special meaning for the people of Oslo, as well as visitors from farther away. We carry the traditions onwards to keep welcoming our guests in the venerable buildings on top of Holmenkollen, 435 meters above everyday life.
 
 

Frognerseteren

Holmenkollveien 200 | NO-0791 Oslo
Tlf: 22 92 40 40
E-post: booking@frognerseteren.no

Du er hjertelig velkommen!
Facebook  Følg oss på Facebook

Åpningstider

Kafe Seterstua:
Man - lør 11:00 - 22:00
Søn 11:00 - 21:00
Restaurant Finstua:
Man - fre 12:00 - 22:00
Lør 13:00 - 22:00
Søn 13:00 - 21:00

Digitroll Publiseringsløsning